Bright Tank is a dish-bottomed pressure-rated temperature-controlled tank used to hold beer in preparation for packaging. The term “bright” refers to “bright beer,” beer that has been rendered bright (clear) by filtration, centrifugation, fining, and/or maturation. In most breweries, beer will be filtered after leaving a uni-tank or lagering vessel and be directed into a bright tank. If the beer is to be force-carbonated, then the beer may be carbonated in-line, under pressure, between the fermenter or lagering tank and the bright tank. In this case, the beer should arrive at the bright tank with full carbonation.
Brite Tank's Feature
A Bright Tank is a dish-bottomed pressure-rated temperature-controlled tank used to hold beer in preparation for packaging. The term “bright” refers to “bright beer,” beer that has been rendered bright (clear) by filtration, centrifugation, fining, and/or maturation. In most breweries, beer will be filtered after leaving a uni-tank or lagering vessel and be directed into a bright tank. If the beer is to be force-carbonated, then the beer may be carbonated in-line, under pressure, between the fermenter or lagering tank and the bright tank. In this case, the beer should arrive at the bright tank with full carbonation.
|Brite Tank's Function|
For in-tank carbonation (or adjustments), the bright tank will be fitted with a carbonation stone, a device through which carbon dioxide is forced, dispersing fine bubbles into the liquid for fast dissolution. Carbonation stones are usually made from either porous stone or sintered stainless steel. After carbonation, the beer is ready to be bottled or kegged (or both) directly from the bright tank. As the bright tank is the last stop before the package, careful attention is paid to quality assurance at this stage. Carbonation is closely checked and the brewery’s laboratory will run a series of tests.
|Brite Tank's Specifications|
- All tanks are made of food grade stainless steel 304.
- Adopting advanced world famous brand components in electric parts and operation parts.
- Thickness: inner 3.0mm; out 2.0mm; jacket: 1.5mm
- Insulation: Polyurethane thickness: 100mm
- Working pressure: 1.5-2.0 bar Design pressure: 3.0 bar
- Cone 150° resist compression design
- Pressure controlled by pressure gauge automatically.
- 100% TIG welding with pure argon gas shield.
- Glycol jacket: dimpled plate on cone and side
- Heat exchange area: 2.69 square meter
- Interior surface: mirror polishing
- Exterior surface: oil bushed finish
- Interior full polished to Ra0.6µm without dead corner
- TC connected CIP arm with 360° coverage spraying ball
- Sanitary side mounted manhole with pressured door
- Main accessories: mechanical type safety valve, sampling valve, pressure gauge, temperature probe, racking arm, leveling tube, solenoid valve, etc...
|Brite Tank's Application|
In larger breweries, color may be added at the bright tank stage, and adjustments may be made to bitterness and aroma using pre-isomerized hop extracts or hop oils. In craft breweries, bright tanks may play any number of roles besides those enumerated above. As many craft beers are not filtered or clarified, the beer sent into the bright tank may not be bright at all. The beer may have flavors added at the bright tank. The volatile flavors of honey, for example, do not always survive fermentation, and therefore many honey ales have honey added at the bright tank, where it will add some sweetness as well as flavor and aroma. Coffee or coffee extracts are also often added here for similar reasons. Bright tanks are also often used for blending one or more beers to create something new.
Bright tanks are also sometimes used as mixing tanks for beers that are to be bottle-conditioned. Here, the beer will be mixed with priming sugar and possibly with new yeast intended to carry out re-fermentation. The beer is then bottled (or, in rare instances, kegged) from the bright tank. In brewpubs, the bright tank is often also the serving tank; beer may run directly from this tank to the taps at the bar.
1. Free of making offers, craft and technical guidance.
2. We can provide company's qualification certification and the drawings.
3. We can also make customized products according to customer's needs.
1. We provide long-term after-sale service.
2. Owing to the quotation of our equipment is FOB price which excluded charges of door-to-door service. Thus, if necessary, we can appoint our technician to debug the machine with air ticket, visa, accommodation and labor cost provided by your party. Or you can send your technician to our company to learn techniques.
3. Meanwhile, you can call or e-mail to consult any relevant questions since we have a special line of after-sale service. Or you can communicate online and solve the problems.
1.All the materials touching with beer directly are all top quality food grade stainless steel
2.We use the first class valves and manhole for our equipments
3.All the materials I use is nonmagnetic.
4.The thickness of the material exact fit in with what shown in our quotation sheet
5.Most importantly,Our staff is always available for your needs and questions.
1.Different specifications meet different need of
customers,for example,several types of heating devices for your choice: dimple jacket / inner pipe heating machine(optional)
2.Advanced technology can saving energy and running cost,for example,our control panel is PLC.
3.High performance and stability with low maintenance cost
4.Custom built, meet your needs exactly,that is to say,you just need to tell us your brewery's real condition,then our team will design suitable tanks suitable to your brewery.